Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Try-On


First Try-On
Originally uploaded by wzrdreams
The thing about knitting that I don't like, is that you have to commit yourself to the project before you can ever try it on. Luckily, if you don't like it you can always rip it out and reclaim the yarn (not so with sewing... ask me how I know this and you will hear a sad story about crepe backed silk satin by BF got me in Como) BYGONES. ANYWAY. It appears that the cable Luxe Tunic will fit me in the way I was hoping. Now all that is left is the sleeves. I am dragging it out though because I will miss knitting this sweater when it is over (I mean, done). Reaching this point of success has also given me license to cast on for 2 (yes TWO) lace projects which I am currently cheating on the CLT with.

2 comments:

cl said...

I'm not sure, because I am only making my second sweater ever, but I think you can sort of try on at different points, no? Like you tried on the yoke part before you knit the bottom, right?

Grace said...

Right, I did knit the yoke first and tried it on so I was reasonably sure that I had picked the right size. But then I modified the waist shaping and I couldn't actually try it on again until both the front and back were done. I was worried about the fit. Happily, it's what I had envisioned.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...