Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Koolhaas Hat


Koolhaas Hat 1
Originally uploaded by mikehodge47
A WIP when this picture was taken, this hat is DONE and the next one is on the needles. I guess I liked knitting it after all. This one is for the boy, the current one is for ME.

The key to enjoying this pattern is knowing how to cable without a needle. From what I gleaned from all the helpful Ravelrs, I think I have a somewhat unusual way of cabling without a needle. I don't let any stitches dangle in mid-air off a needle. If I can get the boy to help before I finish the current one I'll try to take pictures to show how I accomplish this.

Pattern is Koolhaas (IK) by Jared Flood.
Yarn is Cascade 220, both hats. This one is a medium heather grey, and mine is a deep heather blue tinged with teal.
Needles: sz 6 & 8
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...