Order of Operations- Bulk Fuse self pieces (except sleeve - fuse hem only).
- Cut Self and Lining.
- Mark button/hole placement on fronts with basting sts.
- Stitch fronts, back, shoulder, under collar/stand, sleeves as unit.
- Apply sleeve head and shoulder pad.
- Stitch top collar/stand, front facing, back neck facing together as unit.
- Stitch facing unit to body unit, breaking at the notch. Grade, & clip SAs. Under-stitch front, collar & lapel.
- Sew Jacket Lining completely; Serge body seams, serge finish the sleeve seams separately. Leave one sleeve seam open.
- Stitch sleeve hem to lining hem.
- Stitch lining to facing.
- Reach through lining sleeve seam to stitch bottom hem. Close sleeve lining.
- Stitch button holes, sew on buttons.
It should go without saying that one must press as you go.
Most Helpful Links:- Sewing a notched collar: Threads This is not the method I use, but it looks pretty good. I should probably blog my method since I haven't found it's equivalent.
- Bagging a lining: Grainline , and Threads
- Sleeve Vent: Pattern Scissors Cloth, Sigrid