Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Alabama Chanin: Green Tunic Tank

  I've been wanting to post pictures for a while now. Here they finally are.


This top is super comfortable and flattering.
I thought I was going to do a bunch of embroidery, but I was undecided about what and how much, so I stopped after stitching the first stem. I left the stitching because it tells me which side is the front. Otherwise I really wouldn't be able to tell because the pattern pieces are very similar.

I am bustier than my form, so on my the shoulder seam pulls to the front.
Next time I use this pattern I will cut off 1 inch from the back shoulder so that the back pulls the front up a bit. I will probably raise the front neckline a little as well.  

I love the herringbone stitch so I used it to flat fell the seams open and to bind the edges. 
 And there you have it. I'm hoping to make a more involved piece soon with my new airbrush and a larger stencil. I'll be sure to post about that when it happens. 

1 comment:

Gloria Barnette said...

Thanks you for sharing! I love your design and resourcefulness in creating your own Alabama Chanin piece of clothing. You have inspired me to pick up a copy of the Design Book and give it a try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...