Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Alabama Chanin: Finished Details

I'm all done with my first Alabama Chanin Camisole top! I love it.
I adored making it and I'm looking forward to finishing my more basic (by comaparison) corset and tank top. 

 

I've worn it twice already. It feels kind of heavy, but I suppose it should since it is two layers of medium weight 100% cotton jersey. I'll bet the one layer tops will be a bit lighter to wear. 
Also, we're in the middle of a heat wave right now and all I want to wear is billowy batiste and voile. 


You can see some of the left over logos from the t-shirts at the back under arms.
Proof that I made this out of recycled materials.


I think the pink is very bright. If I hadn't thrifted the t-shirt I probably would not have gone for such a "Barbie" pink. 


I used the herringbone stitch for the bindings. It was pretty easy, but it used up a LOT of thread. I confess to using a much longer length of thread than prescribed for the binding, but I made sure to love that thread a lot longer than usual. 

I'm trying to finish up a green tank and a charcoal grey corset, but I think I might do a bolero in blue with white stars embroidered on it. I'm belatedly inspired by the 4th of July and the star trend that's happening this summer.

6 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

This came out just beautifully. Can't wait to see it in person--great work!

Jill said...

This is beautiful work, you are so talented! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog re the Chanel jacket. I just cut out muslin pieces last night. I am doing a post on resources this week and am linking back to your blog since your post about the Chanel jacket is how I found out about "Signe Chanel" and Threads No. 121. Thank you! Also, yes, we should meet to compare notes on muslins, though you are the superior sewer so you have to promise not to laugh at mine! XO, Jill

Marie said...

Beautiful. I just starting planning my 'alabama' project. Yours is an inspiration.

Sahara said...

HI! Long time! Came over from Ravelry. Your hand skills are AWSOME!! That is some beautiful work. I wonder how a wool version would work. Keep it up!!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh, I want to cry, this is so beautiful! The pink and purple are so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...