Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Summer FO




Pattern: Mesh & Rib Short Sleeve Pullover 
by Teva Durham: Loop-D-Loop Vol. 2
Size: 38 (My bust is actually 39.5" so -1.5" ease)
Yarn: Silk Light by Signature Collection (discontinued)
Needles: Size 8 Addis Turbos for the body & sleeves; 
& size 6 Clover Bamboo Circulars for the neckline ribbing.

Mods: I knit the body 1 inch longer than specified in the pattern. I changed the cast on number for the front because it is my opinion that it was incorrect as written; and I used a button instead of a tie at CF.  

What I would do differently were I to do this again: shorten the depth of the keyhole and not bother to knit the body that extra inch. I'm pretty tall, but I didn't really need that inch.

I think this is my 3rd pullover type garment of the year... and I've made quite a few other accessory type things (socks, legwarmers, armwarmers, cowls, hats etc...) but I'm really excited about the bona-fied garments. Those are the ones I can actually wear around to impress people (mainly myself) with my craftiness. 

2 comments:

shopgirl said...

And it's very impressive. Sexy, too ;)

cl said...

Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...